Pemko Silicone Adhesive-Backed Fire/Smoke Gasketing S88
- This product is an adhesive-backed bulb silicone gasketing product installed on the perimeter of a door opening to slow/prohibit the passage of smoke, fire, weather, sound and dirt.
- SiliconSeal(TM) is extruded from high-temperature silicone, and is effective between -58 degrees F and 450 degrees F.
- Self-extinguishing and non-toxic. Unaffected by sunlight, ozone and ultraviolet rays.
- Impervious to fungus and mildew; will not deteriorate under normal exposure.
- Adhesive-backed material installs easily to door frame.
- Seal begins compressing at 1/4" and compresses to seal up to a 1/16" gap.
- Cross-sectional diagram of Pemko S88 gasket:
- See diagram of application details in "Additional Images" area below.
This product meets the following standards:
- Meets FAR 25.853 Airworthiness Standards for Compartment Interiors.
- Smoke tested in accordance with UBC 7-2 and UL 1784-01.
- Meets the requirements of NFPA 105 "Standard for the Installation of Smoke Door Assemblies and other Opening Protectives".
- Air infiltration tested in accordance with ASTM E-283-04. Air infiltration is only .09 CFM / ft. of crack.
Be sure to specify the length and color of your gasketing in Product Options at top of page!
- The 17-foot coil is enough for one 3'-0" x 7'-0" door.
- The 204-foot coil is enough for twelve 3'-0" x 7'-0" doors.
- Other lengths available upon request.